Friday, February 27, 2015
2 Position Snatch - Hi-Hang + Knees - 20 minutes skill work
AMRAP in 20 minutes:
20 Calorie Row
50 ft. Double KB Lunge
20 Sit Ups
Open WOD 15.1 & 15.1a Analysis:
1) Rich Froning & Mat Fraser are special athletes
2) I am not Rich Froning or Mat Fraser
3) Warm up with some light rowing followed by the Olympic warm up. Throw in some rumble roller to mash up and warm up your hamstrings, hip flexors, and lats. I then built up to a heavy clean and jerk so I would know what it felt like when I got to it following the 9 minute AMRAP. THIS IS SUGGESTED. You need to prep your body for that heavy lift.
4) You need to make systematic, planned breaks from the start. To try and go unbroken on your T2B will ruin the entire WOD for you. 3-5 reps with a 2-3 second break will SAVE YOUR GRIP for the other movements.
5) The deadlift is relatively light. Try mixing up your grip each time you get back to the deadlift.
6) I did my snatches one at a time, attempting to follow the bar down as it fell. I knew I needed to save my grip and one at a time is just as fast, if not faster than touch and go and resting in the hang position…remember, this is all about grip.
7) This is ALL ABOUT GRIP!
8) The Clean & Jerk will feel extremely challenging on your first attempt. DO NOT GO OVERLY HEAVY on this first attempt. Make a lift so your hands can get adjusted to pulling heavier than 115#. Then go for broke!
Posted on Fri, February 27, 2015